#1 Trusted Online Medical Training Certification Provider!
The most satisfactory learning experience along with the most affordable courses online because saving lives—is our Goal.
National CPR Foundation (“NCPRF”)
What information we collect and how we collect?
“Personal Information” means basic information that we can use to identify or contact you, such as name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card information, banking account information. It can also include purchase history, customer preferences, and geo-locational data, medical information related to age, health, prescription medication, or insurance or medical claim-related data, educational or employment information, personal identification numbers (e.g., Social Security numbers or driver’s license numbers), date and place of birth and other information you submit when you use our interactive tools and services. We may collect Personal Information in the following ways:
- When you visit or use our online systems, whether web-based or mobile, we may collect your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number(s), account numbers, limited location information (for example, to help a mobile app determine the best means of connecting to the database or for shipping something you purchased), user name and password (so you can log in) and personal health information (such as within our health improvement apps);
- We may collect payment card or similar information when you provide it to us as part of a purchase;
- We may capture the IP address and ID of the device you use to connect to the online service, the type of operating system and browser you use, and information about the site you came from, the parts of our online service you access, the type of mobile device you use and the site you visit;
- When you register for or use certain interactive tools and services, many of our mobile Apps, or tools inside many of our Apps;
- When you sign-up for newsletters or other communications from us;
- When you participate in an online survey; or
- When you provide personal information in a community area or other public forum.
Cookies and Web Beacons
NCPRF provides additional protection for the privacy of children. The NCPRF Web Sites are not designed or intended to attract children under the age of 13. The NCPRF Web Sites do not collect Personal Information from any person we actually know is under the age of 13. A parent or guardian, however, may use NCPRF web sites to input information from their children under the age of 13 such as: name, address, email address, account information, and content they create themselves. That information allows us to fulfill requested transactions, facilitate their participation in online activities, keep records, undertake certain marketing activities, or to otherwise customize or enhance the web site experience for children. The parent or guardian is solely responsible for providing supervision of the minor’s use of NCPRF web sites. The parent or guardian assumes full responsibility for ensuring that the registration information is kept secure and that the information submitted is accurate. The parent or guardian also assumes full responsibility for the interpretation and use of any information or suggestions provided through NCPRF web sites for the minor.
Information from Other Sources
We may also collect information about you from additional online and offline sources including from social media activities, other nonprofits, and commercially available third-party sources. We may combine this information with the personal and other information we have collected about you.
How we protect your information?
Despite NCPRF’s efforts to protect your Personal Information, there is always some risk that an unauthorized third party may find a way around our security systems or that transmissions of your information over the Internet may be intercepted.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. When you enter Personal Information (including personal health information in various tools on our website), we encrypt the transmission of that information or use SSL connections (Secure Socket Layer) technology.
We will retain your Personal Information as long as your account is active or needed to provide you services. At any time you can remove your Personal Information or instruct us to remove it, but you should be aware that it is not technologically possible to remove each and every record of the information you have provided to NCPRF from our servers. NCPRF tools that collect and store Personal Information allow you to correct, update or review information you have submitted by going back to the specific tool, logging-in and making the desired changes. We will also retain your Personal Information as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
How we use your information?
Information collected by NCPRF about you is used by NCPRF to:
- administer your account and our sites,
- verify your identity (such as when you access your account information),
- prevent fraud and enhancing the security of your account or our online services,
- respond to your requests and communicating with you,
- manage your preferences,
- provide you with access to particular tools and services,
- obtain your feedback about the NCPRF web sites or our offerings,
- statistically analyze trends and user behavior and activity including how frequently areas of the site are visited and how many emails are received and opened,
- provide you and people with similar demographic characteristics and interests with more relevant content or advertising both on the NCPRF web sites or on other web sites that you visit after you leave the NCPRF web sites; and
- send you personalized emails or secure electronic messages pertaining to your health interests, including news, announcements, reminders and opportunities from NCPRF; or
- complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies;
- for any other purposes that we may specifically disclose at the time you provide or we collect your information.
We may also use data that we collect on an aggregate or anonymous basis (meaning it does not identify any individuals) for various purposes, where permissible under applicable laws and regulations, to help deliver products, services, and content that are better tailored to the users of our online services and for other purposes.
What and with whom we disclose?
Disclosures to NCPRF Contractors
Disclosures to Third Party Web Sites
What choices do I have about my information?
Most browser software can be set to reject Cookies. Most browsers offer instructions on how to reset the browser to reject Cookies in the “Help” section of the toolbar. If you reject our Cookies, certain of the functions and conveniences of the NCPRF Web Sites may not work properly but you do not have to accept our Cookies in order to productively use the NCPRF Web Sites.
Contact us about privacy
You can also contact NCPRF’s Privacy Office here.
Last updated January 31, 2017